23 August 2010

Squee!

Oh Friday I received an email that began with:

Hello Yogi,

I am excited to let you know that you have been accepted into the September 17 – March 20, 2010 YogaWorks Teacher Training led by Dani Ibarra. Congratulations!!!

So. In roughly 25 days, the journey really begins. I'm doing my best to ensure I am adequately prepared, though I'm not even sure at this point what else might better prepare me. I'm rereading one of our textbooks that I started years ago (Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar). I need to purchase my other textbooks this weekend so I can review them a bit before training starts.

Oh, and there's homework already, a three part writing assignment:
  1. What is Yoga?
  2. List injuries or medical issues
  3. What do you want to get out of this course?

I need to get started on the writing assignment soon, but I have to admit my focus is a bit off of yoga this week. Someone talked me into taking belly dance classes a few months ago, and then further talked me into dancing at the AV Fair with the class.  So, this week is belly dance week at our house.  Tonight there was a full show run through. Tomorrow I'm getting my pre-performance pedicure. Wednesday is our last night of class before the Fair. Thursday, well, ok Thursday isn't belly dance related, but I'm booked (preschool orientation!). And then Friday, we perform.  I must be insane to be doing this. I'll look fabulous at least - Trish loaned me gorgeous harem pants and a skirt and Coli loaned me a fringe scarf and all sorts of shiny things. And Mindy told me about some kind of makeup for the tummy that will help me be not so glow in the dark white. Now all I need to do is PRACTICE so I stop messing up the transition into doubles. Ugh, that spot gives me the most trouble!

We're performing this Friday night at the AV Fair. The show begins at 7:30 on the community stage. Be there and see the best belly dancers in the AV! (Um... no ego, I'm not really including myself in that statement. But some of the other ladies are really fantastic!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment